Saturday, August 25, 2007

That Sinking Feeling (for Sunday Scribblings)


I hate that sinking feeling I get when I realize something important that I have forgotten, usually accompanied by the words, “Oh my gosh!” I know that I’ve let someone down.

There was something I was supposed to do, and I didn’t write it down because I knew I absolutely would not forget it, but I did. It feels as if my heart is on the downside of a ginormous roller coaster ride, as though my heart has dropped to my lower extremities. There are actual pangs and aches in my chest when I realize the disappointment I’ve caused. An elephant may as well have stepped on my heart

Tears come to my eyes. And I am helpless because there is nothing I can do to relieve that sinking feeling.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I can relate and you will find it doesn't get any better as we get older.

    It bothers me most when it involves something I was supposed to do for my kids, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know what you're talking about. Been there, done that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this post...you've described the feeling perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean. That feeling is awful, makes you want to hit rewind doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I know what you mean. It happens to me before too. Now, thank god for the pda.
    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It happens to all of us. Not to worry much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post! Sinking feeling, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha...you've got it right. It happened to everyone of us! And yes, I'll get the natural sinking feeling too. That's where I'll get into trouble for "cooking" up excuses instead of telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails