Saturday, March 08, 2008

8 From Me



Kat's Krackerbox tagged me for this meme. Here we go!


8 Things I’m Passionate About:


1. God
2. My family
3. Honesty
4. blogging
5. scrapbooking
6. organization
7. reading
8. writing


8 Things I Say Often (I blogged about this recently here.)


1. Whatever! (This is said with sarcastic inflection)

2. Well, allright then. (read – if that’s what you want to do, then fine!)

3. Your point is?

4. Hurry up! (My daughter is a slow-poke)

5. I’m just sayin'…

6. Don’t you think?

7. What, you gotta be kiddin’ me!

8. And my favorite… What was I looking for? (to which the kids always respond, “I don’t know. I’m not your brain!” Well, apparently, my brain isn’t working as well as it used to!)


8 Books I’ve Read Recently:

1. 7th Heaven by James Patterson
2. The Appeal by John Grisham
3. Exploring the Titanic by Robert Ballard
4. The Other Side of Dark by Joan Lowry Nixon
5. Cold Case by Stephen White
6. Freefall by Robert Crais
7. When Kids Can’t Read, What Teachers Can Do by G. Kylene Beers
8. Lullaby Town by Robert Crais



8 Things To Do Before I Die:


I don’t have a bucket list! I posted the opposite of a bucket list for Thursday Thirteen this past week. If I have to choose something, though…


1. Get all of my children’s photos scrapbooked
2. Provide beautiful weddings for our daughters
3. See my son get married some day
4. Become a biological grandmother
5. Take care of my mom for as long as God lets me keep her
6. Continue to make new friends
7. Have time to volunteer at school and church like I did the year I took off from teaching
8. Maybe get a second master’s degree. I’ve been thinking about that a lot lately.



8 Things I Could Listen To Over and Over Again:



1. The Boys are Back in Town by Thin Lizzy- brings back fond memories. Love this song!

2. Love Train by the O'Jays - who can't help love this upbeat song?
3. Blinded by the Light by Mannfred Mann - brings back fond memories, has some unique segments, and it's funny to hear what everyone thinks they're saying and then go look up the actual lyrics.

4. God Blessed Texas by Little Texas - I live in Texas! My daughter marched in a parade to this song when she was 4 years old. And it's a happy tune!
5. Babies cooing
6. The sound of a fountain or waterfall flowing
7. My husband or children telling me they love me.
8. No, honey, don’t get up. I’ll do it.



8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends:


1. similar background
2. children of same or similar ages
3. similar values
4. ability to carry on a conversation
5. ability to listen
6. caring and nurturing
7. a shoulder to cry on, or mine for them to cry on
8. trustworthiness



8 Things I Learned In The Last Year:


1. College can be affordable, even for students without scholarships.
2. My husband is truly devoted to me.
3. My husband can also be a bit jealous at times.
4. Teaching and accountability aren’t getting any easier.
5. New scrapbooking techniques
6. Dealing with the county is a difficult process full of red tape just to get copies of documents
7. I really like our dog. He’s my husband’s and we’ve only been married (almost) 3 years. When the dog and I were alone for a week, he got sick, and I thought he was going to die. I really do like that dog.
8. I need to make more time for myself, to do things I enjoy, or I am going to burn out.




8 People I am Excited to Tag:


2. Tamy



5. Jenn


7. Amy

9 comments:

  1. this is such a fun meme...i loved reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag - this one may take me a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! I see we share our #1 passion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so love to hear "no honey, don't get up. I'll do it". I don't think those 2 sentences have ever passed my hubby's list!\

    I posted this last week, so I'm gonna pass on doing it again. BUT, I love these things and hope you'll tag me again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great meme! Might have to use that soon! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was tagged with this not too long ago and it was fun.

    I'm always saying "what was I looking for" too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed getting to know you better. Thanks for participating. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your daughters happy smile!! I found your blog through the blog party - though I do not have a blog yet . . .I enjoy reading many of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FUN!
    Thank you - so sorry for taking so long! I WILL pass blame to my computer - I knew I had an e-mail int here somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails