Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This Bible Verse has been on my mind a lot lately:

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— (Ephesians 2:8)


I know the meaning of this passage is that Jesus died for me, saving me from my own sin, and not because of anything I did, but because of God's grace, and that I must have faith.

It is by God's grace that my mother has recovered again. In January, she had lung surgery and almost died. Recently, she had knee surgery, and once again, we ran into complication after complication. But now she is healing and well on the road to recovery, and I am so grateful. I'm not prepared for the time when she will leave this Earth, just like I wasn't prepared when my father died unexpectedly five years ago. Thus, I am thankful she is on the mend. It is only by God's grace that she still lives.

Visit other Thankful Thursday participants by clicking here.

Subscribe in a reader

7 comments:

  1. Great thoughts. I am glad your mom is doing better. Losing a parent is never easy, but I too am not ready to lose my 2nd parent. I am not sure I will withstand that on my own. Thankfully I know God will be there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn~
    God is good! I am glad that your mom is doing better and that her surgery was a success. I pray that God will keep your mother in good health and will prepare your heart for everything that comes your way - hopefully many more great memories with your mom! Have a great day! Be Blessed!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! You and your mom continue to be in my prayers ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your Mom is getting better. I've lost my Mom AND Dad, so I realize better than most how precious time with them is, however little or much. Have a great week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am thankful she is on the mend as well. God bless

    Pray Psalm 91 over your mom. Hugs. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that. Keeping you and your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God for watching over your dear mom.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails