Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Just My Opinion

Witch & Wizard Witch & Wizard by James Patterson


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
As a huge James Patterson fan, I have to say that I am so disappointed in this new book that appears to be a series of which Witch and Wizard is the first. If the first book is any indication, the series will be trite, cliche', and unimaginative.

Patterson is obviously trying to capitalize on the success of Maximum Ride as a young adult series, but this is no Maximum Ride. There are obvious instances of imitation of J. K. Rowling, but again, this is no Harry Potter. There even appears to be an imiatation of Suzanne Collins and the Gregor series, but Witch and Wizard is no Gregor the Overlander.

Perhaps much of the work was done by the co-author, Gabrielle Charbonett because I am completely unimpressed with this book and don't plan to read the remainder of the series. What reputable author ends their book, "to be continued"? If only that were the only problem with this one.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails